Mood & Concept Boards

Hello Friends, hope your easter weekend was super!

We had a really great break and today it took me a little longer than normal to get kick started!
Today, I want to share with you some info on mood boards. I'm busy prepping for a new presentation for a restaurant, and the first thing I do when prepping a sketch design presentation, is create a mood/concept board. I really enjoy it.

A mood board is basically an inspirational board which conveys the overall feel of a project. It's a visual representation of how I have interpreted the clients brief. Mood boards aid not only decorators and designers but also those of you who want to embark on your own decorating project. A mood board can ignite creaivity, get the imagination rolling, organize ideas and define a colour scheme.

Here are 2 presentations I put together when lecturing at a design college a couple years back.



You can use cut outs from magazines, fabric samples, paint swatches, postcards, or anything that inspires you, to create your mood board. Concept boards would contain sketches and floor layouts. Mood boards and concept boards are basically the same thing. If you click over to "working on" page on the navigation bar above, you can see some of the mood/concept boards I have created for projects this year.

I came across this "mood board book" on Decor8 blog. This is such a great idea for personal projects. I remember creating something similar for my wedding. It becomes a keepsake too. See more of this mood board book here.



Hope I have inspired you to go create your own mood board for a project you working on. It really is such fun!

No Response to "Mood & Concept Boards"

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...