I can't believe that this time last year we were setting up our stand for Design Indaba! Oh I wish we could have been there this year. Too much on the go I'm afraid.
Every year Design Indaba invites the public to vote for their most beautiful object in South Africa through the MBOISA Awards. The winner will be announced at Design Indaba Expo on the 3 March 2013.
Here are the finalists:
1. Golden Fold Necklace By Katherine-Mary Pichulik
2. Mechanical Bureau By Joe Paine
3. Gustav Greffrath’s Interpretation of the 1975 Pipeline Gun Shaped by Spider Murphy for Dutchmann’s Delft Portfolio
4. Wood and Carbon Bike By David Stubbs
5. Pebble Dress By Gavin Rajah
6. City Press Newspaper, 27 May 2012 edition Editor, Ferial Haffajee
7. Zanzan Umbrella By Gareth Cowden, Babatunde
8. Aretha Dress By Sindiso Khumalo
9. Slice Cutting Board By Jonathan Fundudis, Snapp Design
10. The Soweto Theatre By Lawrence Chibwe, Afritects Architects
11. Visibility Vest By Ronel Jordaan
The designs of all the MBOISA finalists will be on show at Design Indaba Expo, open to the public from Friday 1 March to Sunday 3 March at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
Pop over here, to see more info of each finalist and the sms codes to vote. Come on, support local design and get voting!