Home

As an interior designer, my beliefs on creating the interior spaces of my clients home can be some what different to other fellow designers. For me its all about finding the balance between creating  a space thats functional, aesthetically lovely and personal too. But my number one design ethos when designing and decorating my clients home is that their home should represent them, the inhabitants of the home and not be filled with things that I personally love but what they love. After all, at the end of the day when my job is done and I hand over the space to the client, they are the ones that are going to be living there, not me!
It's so important as a designer to design homes around your clients lifestyle and personal style and not your own. Too many designers get caught up in trying to create the perfect space that will please the audience and often forget about the actual inhabitants of the home.

What I'm trying to get at, with all my babbling, is that when creating your own home space, don't get fixed on trying to achieve the perfect interior and definitely don't take it all too seriously. Forget about what others think and focus on the things you love. And just like that your house will become a home. It's your personal nest after all.

And one last little bit of advise, is that a home gets better with age! You don't need to do everything all at once. Add layers as you go, and it will only get better with time.

Here is a little collage of our home space, far from perfect but its filled with things we love, our memories and adventures and a lot of fun! And that is what makes it a home!




No Response to "Home"

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...