Cape Town - Afternoon . . . Design Indaba 2011!

And then we got to Design Indaba! I have soooo much to share with you! I was like a kid in a candy store. What an awesome Indaba, there was everything from jewellery, decor, fashion, kids goodies, anything and everything design.

I fell in love with this baby crib by Ronel Jordaan. It's made of a metal frame work and 100% merino wool and suspends from the ceiling. Lovely!
I spotted these great plant pots at Julian Decor, last week in Jozi. Marina Walsh is the designer


The jewellery designers at the show were just amazing. Papillon Belle make absolutely stunning pendant chains from real butterfly wings. You just have to see these beautiful pieces in the real, the colors of the wings are constantly changing, just amazing. http://www.papillonbelle.com/


Good, clothing & hats, had devine garments on their stand. I did'nt take any pics on the stand but these are from their website http://www.goodclothing.co.za/

Another great clothing range i spotted, was I Love Leroy. I loved this bright yellow dress, but unfortunatley it did'nt fit into my budget, just a mere R2000. But how gorgeous?! http://www.iloveleroy.co.za/

A stunning fabric collection for children  - Fable. What a gorgeous range of fabrics for kids. So unique and fresh and local! www.fable.co.za


Continent Africa is responsible for creating these fun baby vests. http://www.continentafrica.org/

One of South Africas great furniture designers, Haldane Martin, launched this; Wallflower.
A great wall mounted pot plant installation, so simple and stylish.
he also had his new zulu mama stool on show too. . .


The trend of using natural organic materials such as wool, hemp & jute was evident in many of the exhibitors products. I really loved this collection of bags by Wren

I think thats enough information overload! I'll be back tomorrow for Part 2 of my finds at Design Indaba 2011.
Chow for now!
   xxx

No Response to "Cape Town - Afternoon . . . Design Indaba 2011!"

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...